It might not be spring, but with the warm weather approaching this weekend — we can sure pretend! Kick start your spring cleaning and follow these 10 tips to kick off your spring cleaning:
- Wipe down ceilings and walls. Use a vacuum to remove dust and dirt first and then take a damp cloth and clean them.
- Reseal grout. Start by trying to clean your grout with a grout cleaner. If that doesn’t work, reseal it for a fresh, polished look.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets. You can do-it-yourself if you own/rent a carpet cleaning machine. Otherwise, you can hire a professional company.
- Dust books and shelves. Take everything off the shelves and dust. Use a vacuum to assist for those hard to reach spaces.
- Clean sofa and cushions. Take cushions outside and gently pound by hand to remove dust. Use a vacuum to clean in between the cushions.
- Wax wooden furniture. Use a little bit of Butch-er’s wax and buff with a clean cloth. Your wood furniture will sparkle!
- Change batteries. Change the batteries in your smoke detector and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Wash windows and screens. Use warm water and soap and gently scrub.
- Clean window treatments. If your draperies and curtains are machine washable, wash them yourself. If they are dry clean only, take them in. Wipe wooden blinds with a damp cloth; wipe metal and vinyl blinds with warm water and dish soap.
- Wax floors. Vinyl and linoleum floors should be polished with a specific product designed for those floors. Stone and tile floors can be treated with a paste or liquid wax designed for these floors too.
Now let’s hope we don’t get any more snow!